Rateb’s Shariah Group is an internal center of excellence comprising of experts in the field of Shariah and Islamic lending. Its role includes researching on Shariah matters especially relating to Islamic business, providing Shariah advisory, developing innovative Islamic products & services and ensuring required internal control for adequate Shariah compliance of Rateb’s Islamic business.
- Manages Rateb’s relationship with the Shariah Board and communicates the Shariah Board opinions and guidelines to various business units of Rateb.
- Provides support to various Rateb businesses to develop Shariah compliant products and services as needed by our Customers
- Supports executive management for development of Islamic lending across the group
- Ensures Shariah Control and Audit of all the Shariah compliant products and services offered to our Customers
- Stays current with developments in Islamic lending industry to maintain the Bank’s leading position and;
- Coordinates with training and various business units in raising awareness about Islamic products